Friday, April 8, 2011

4


The very next day we were finally in Universal Studios to see the amazing Harry Potter exhibit. We went on silly rides that lasted 3 seconds, we waited in line for 90 minutes at a time, and at some point we were shot in the face by villans on the Spiderman ride.

We ate the following items: chicken strips, fries, a gigantic turkey drumstick, corn on the cob, churros, and pretzels. What a healthy day. Of course the best part was the butterbeer, eating in The Three Broomsticks, and buying candy in Honeydukes. This was an incredible spectacle and impressive business model, since even the retail stores had long lines to wait in. I've never seen anything like it. We intended to get on another ride but after a 45 minute wait in line for the wand shop, we were DONE.

And, I couldn't breathe. In addition to the cold I had in Chicago, my allergies had kicked in and I felt close to passing out a number of times. It's really irritating that my lungs and sinuses only seem to like Seattle and put up an impressive fight everywhere else.

After this long day we were picked up by my friend A, who drove us to Tampa where we would rest and get ready for her wedding rehearsal the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment