Monday, May 27, 2013

A Princess Dare


Korena of Korena in the Kitchen was our May Daring Bakers’ host and she delighted us with this beautiful Swedish Prinsesstårta!









I can't believe I made such a pretty cake! I've seen pictures of the Swedish Princess Cake before and wanted to try it so this recipe was a welcome surprise. I actually made it for Mother's Day thinking I would shock everyone with the beauty and flavor of this masterpiece. Unfortunately due to the mound of whipped cream and my mother's sensitive digestive tract, I guess you could even say I gave her a stomach ache for Mother's Day. The cake was meant to be fit for a princess but alas, we all can't have such extravagance in our diets.
















Still, it was a beautiful and fun cake to make. I ate far more of it than I should have, which is a real problem in doing these challenges. I do enjoy getting ideas and the desire to change things around once I've tried something like this. Next time I would prefer more cake to whipped cream, and maybe a rectangle shape over a dome.








3 comments:

  1. Your cake is beautiful! Sorry to hear it gave your mom a stomach ache :S I hope you do try again - a rectangular shape would be very cool! Thanks for baking with me this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear it didn't go down too well with your mother's digestion. It looks great though!

    I made my cake for Mother's day too, but it was so big and rich that we ate only 1/4 of it amongst the three of us. Another 1/4 went to the neighbours and about a dozen of my co-workers helped clearing the remaining half the next day. :-) It was a cake fit for a whole princess's court.

    You can have a look at mine over here.

    ReplyDelete